The rumour mill is officially in overdrive over Apple Inc.’s latest handset that is set to be launched next month.
Ten years since the original iPhone was presented to the world, the iPhone 8 is tipped to be the biggest iPhone yet.
Apple, as expected, is remaining tight-lipped about its latest product so we’ve read all the leaks and rumours, and compiled a list for you to read right here.
If the rumours are true, then:
- the iPhone 8’s display will be the largest ever produced - 5.8inch OLED edge-to-edge screen (that’s 1.1in bigger than last year’s iPhone 7 with a Samsung screen).
(And there’s been talk of a Plus-sized model too so we can only imagine how big that display will be…)
- although it’s likely to be announced next month, Apple reporters believe that this new screen design will delay the handset’s release so it could be closer to November 2017 before we actually get our mitts on the iPhone 8.
- the iPhone 8 won’t have a physical home button – it’s likely to be a virtual home button with the Touch ID sensor embedded into the screen. Some reporters believe the Apple logo on the rear of the new handset could be a finger scanner whilst others suggest the phone will feature facial-recognition technology.
- it could feature a vertical dual-camera module with a spec very similar to the Samsung Galaxy S8.
- in terms of colour, we could be looking at ‘red’ joining the existing ‘black’, ‘jet black’, ‘silver’, ‘gold’, and ‘rose gold’ options. The red version of the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus was announced to celebrate Apple’s 10-year partnership with AIDS charity, RED, but whether it becomes permanent in the iPhone line-up is anyone’s guess!
- there will be no headphone jack and it could feature wireless charging (although some reporters believe that you’ll need to purchase a wireless charging adaptor separately).
Can’t wait for the 8 and thinking of upgrading? Contact us on 01324 469146.